What Is Companion Care?
In-home companion care services for elders focus on improving the health and well-being of a senior.
It is a service that can be applied at home or in assisted living situations. In general terms, companion care spans both the social and physical care of a senior. The goal of companion care as a service is to:
- Provide emotional support.
- Improve the quality of life of the senior.
- Provide companionship for the senior by helping in light housekeeping work.
The major duty of a companion is to maintain a link between the senior and the rest of society.
Whether you need assistance 24/7 or just a few hours a day, companion care services help you find a new friend!
What Does Companionship Include?
Our companionship goes beyond just caregiving and builds a symbiotic relationship that enables the senior to thrive.
- We perform several small things like going to the grocery shop, taking care of local transportation, visiting doctors along with elders.
- Older people normally develop a fear of survival which is the biggest challenge for a companion to overcome. We help in doing day-to-day activities and talking to them on a regular basis.
- Our caregivers help with living a longer and healthier life with improved well being. The effects are fruitful for patients having Dementia or Alzheimer’s.
- Handling basic housekeeping, such as dusting, sweeping, mopping, organizing, and laundry.
- Planning and preparing meals for clients, taking dietary restrictions, and preferences into consideration.
What are the Benefits of Senior Companionship?
From taking away loneliness to ensuring proper nutrition & companionship care, our companionship service offers various benefits.
- Alleviates loneliness and encourages seniors to interact with the outside world.
- Senior companion caregivers encourage and help seniors keep up with correspondence with family and friends.
- Increase mobility due to transportation services.
- Improvement in health, both physical and mental.
- Companion caregivers can monitor for signs of depression and notify the family accordingly.
- Having companionship helps people recover faster from the pain of surgery.
Why Choose Justin Villa Care?
Companionship services are best suited for:
- Seniors living independently in their own home.
- Seniors whose families may live far away and are unable to visit regularly.
- Patients in the hospital who need extra support.
- Patients post-surgery who have returned home.
For companionship services to be successful, hire our well-trained and experienced companion caregivers who are compatible with your senior’s personality, skill level, and interests. Our companionship services can help seniors live a longer and more fulfilled life.
Home Care Services
It's quite difficult for seniors to perform daily activities and live independently. This is where Justin Villa Care offers assistance for seniors that includes dressing, grooming, bathing, mobility, nutritious food selection, and others.
Our IADLs services include managing finances, cooking, meal preparation, medical management, and transportation. We strive to take care of our patients every time.
Our respite care workers take care of your loved ones and seniors while you're out of the town, going to the gym, taking a break to visit others, or handling chores. We, as professional caregivers, provide necessary care on a short-term basis.
Words From Our Clients
Is your loved one looking tired and run down most of the time? Also, you
Request a personalized quote
Fill out the contact form and we will reach out to listen and understand your needs.
Companionship services are usually provided to seniors who are in good physical health but need assistance with their ADLs (Activities of Daily Living). The services generally don’t include medical care and special care.
At Justin Villa Care, our home care services are personalized to your needs and preferences – all from the comfort of your home!
- Playing games
- Going for walks
- Discussing current events
- Discussing past life experiences
- Attending social events
These different activities provide seniors with emotional support and keep them happy
Certified Home Care Agencies provide companion services. These agencies are strictly regulated by the federal government. These agencies hire people after checking their skills and provide training to deliver the best service to needy people.
For delivering the most suited services, agencies have categorized companion services as;
Live-in companion care –24/7 service including meal preparation and house cleaning to grooming, bathing, and transportation to appointments.
In-home companion care –It includes shorter visits on an hourly basis or for a special purpose such as going along for a doctor’s visit.
Companion hospice care –A hospice stops by for some time to visit and to help an elder at home. He might run errands for the seniors or help them to appointments.
Religious-based companion care– Some agencies provide a companion to help the elders do social gatherings and attend religious activities like visiting a church and so on.
Before a companion is sent to your house, a careful examination is done by the agency to match with desires. After consideration, the selected candidates have an interaction with the family and the elder. We always prefer to have a face-to-face interaction. But if that is not possible, your needs are always kept on priority during the selection process. We strive for 100-percent client satisfaction.