Hiring a Caregiver for in-home Help
- Hiring a Caregiver for in-home Help
- How to Hire an Independent Caregiver for in-home Help?
- How Do I Choose a Caregiver Agency?
- Tips for Choosing an Efficient In Home Caregiver for Seniors
- Why Choose Justin Villa Care in-home Care Services?
Are you looking for someone who can work as a caregiver and help you or a loved one stay home safely? In-home help is the key to independence for seniors, disabled people, and bedridden patients.
Finding a trained in-home caregiver for one-on-one support for your loved one would be a great addition to your current support system.
To find the right in-home care agency that can provide you with a compassionate caregiver, start your search with a clear mindset.
Consider the following questions:
- What kind of services do in-home help agencies provide?
- How much do caregivers cost?
- Is the in-home help agency bonded, licensed, and insured?
- Do they provide an alternative in case the home helper is on leave?
This post covers the answers to all your queries.
At Justin Villa Care, we provide compassionate caregivers, tailored to the unique needs of the people we serve.
Let’s help you explore further to get to know the process of hiring a caregiver for in-home help.
What is In-Home Caregiving?
A home helper provides supportive services to seniors, disabled, or mentally challenged persons. They are unable to cope up with daily life chores and it’s hard for them to do medication monitoring, nearby traveling, and light housekeeping.
Alzheimer’s disease is a neurological condition in which the death of brain cells causes memory loss and cognitive decline – Medical News Today
Sooner or later patient requires help of in home caregiver to live the life with an ease.
In simple words, in home help is one-on-one support for your loved ones to live at home safely.
How to Hire an Independent Caregiver for in-home Help?
There are several caregiver agencies that provide the appropriate in-home help as per your needs. All you need to do is approach the right in-home care agency.
Here are a few tips that can get you closer to know your needs for in-home help:
- Creating a list of daily, weekly, and monthly care tasks helps you understand the work details.
- Have a clear discussion with the agency about your needs. Mention if your elders need help in daily chores.
- Before you approach an agency, discuss with the elders who need help.
- Get to know the precise requirements. Knowing the exact needs will help you find the right caregiver.
Our ultimate aim is to provide an improved quality of life by retaining a normal routine of elders. Here are some of the types of aides that can be provided:
Personal Care Aides (PCAs)
PCAs are efficient and experienced home care helpers. They provide help in doing day-to-day activities including neighborhood walks and meal preparation. They can also assist in visiting doctors or family friends.
Home health aides (HHAs)
HHAs can track a patient’s condition, check vital signs, and provide limited medical help. These aides also provide companionship, do light housekeeping and prepare meals.
Licensed Nursing Assistants (LNAs)
LNAs are nursing assistants (CNAs) who observe and report changes in the patient. They take vital signs, set up medical equipment, change dressings, and clean catheters. Also, they help in doing exercises, and administer some treatments.
Skilled Nursing Providers
These nurses have a license of nursing (LPNs). They check, manage and observe health to provide non-medical home health aides. Tasks could include giving drugs, tube feedings; dressings; and providing diabetes care. Some LPNs can do occupational therapy, physical therapy, and speech therapy.
They hold a nursing diploma or an associate’s degree in nursing. They meet all other licensing requirements mandated by their state’s nursing board. They are adept in taking care of critical patients and disabled persons.
How Do I Choose a Caregiver Agency?
Hiring a trustworthy person through a licensed caregiver agency needs attention. Before we dive into the recruiting sources, we need to address the first place where one can go wrong. To make it easier, use the following three steps to narrow down your options. Find the home care help that best meets your loved one’s needs.
Step 1: Do Your Research
It’s no surprise that the internet is the first place most people go to start their search. A search for key phrases can put you on the right path to finding a reputable in-home care agency. Some of the appropriate words could be:
- In-home helpers
- Home care
- Nursing care
- Personal care
- Alzheimer & dementia care
Step 2: Ask for Recommendations
A personal recommendation goes a long way in finding a trusted home care agency. Ask your family members, friends, neighbors, and colleagues for recommendations. They might know somebody who has required in-home support. Even their friends and family members can help.
Step 3: Interview Your Top Choices
Once you’ve narrowed your options near your place to 3-4 agencies, it’s time to start making phone calls. You can also set up a n in-home assessment. This gives you another opportunity to choose the best choice before you hire them.
Tips for Choosing an Efficient In Home Caregiver for Seniors
Finding the right home care help can improve the quality of your loved one’s life. A friendly helper is like finding a warm companion and you can rest easy knowing your loved one is in good hands.
A good caregiver:
- is a trained professional who can handle all types of situations
- has a sense of humor
- can maintain trust
- is supportive and encouraging
- is committed to the job and is passionate
- is a good communicator
- is attentive and quickly responds to situations
- is patient and flexible
- knows how to empathize
Write a Clear Job Description of in Home Care for Elderly
Based on the qualities mentioned above, compose a job description to share with agencies. Writing a clear job description helps you hire the right in-home help.
The willingness and ability to do what’s needed to care for your seniors is the prime requirement.
To do this, carefully think through your elder’s needs so you can include all the tasks you’ll expect them to do.
Creating a clear and specific job description will also help you figure out how many hours of care are needed, how much flexibility is needed, and how much to pay.
As per the Family Caregiving Alliance (FCA) suggestions, the job description of a caregiver might include:
- A certification or training to work as in-home help.
- A driving license so that in case of emergencies, he/she can drive.
- Prior experience with people with memory or other cognitive impairments is a must.
- A proficiency to understand and speak the same language as your elders speak.
- A willingness to do housekeeping jobs.
- A pet-friendly nature, if you have pets.
Note: The job description might vary as per your personal needs.
Pros and Cons of Hiring In-Home Caregiver
- Your loved one will be able to stay at home with family at ease.
- Hiring from a professional home care service is reliable and affordable.
- If a helper is there at home to take care of your loved ones, you can take care of your personal and professional responsibilities with a relaxed mind.
- Many seniors do not like to take help from others. Being resistant just makes the job of the helper tough.
- Your schedules may be interrupted or even forever changed when 24/7 in-home help is at home.
- Caregiving can be mentally stressful and physically demanding. If you always keep high expectations then things might go wrong.
Why Choose Justin Villa Care in-home Care Services?
We are a renowned in-home care agency with 30+ years of experience in providing in-home help. With the enriched experience of Brenda Villanueva, R.N. in senior care, we stand apart from other caregiver agencies.
Our specialization includes:
- Each caregiver is selected after careful screening and rigorous training.
- Personal Care by a compassionate and trained caregiver for loved ones and their pets.
- Special Care for critical patients suffering from diseases like Alzheimer’s or Dementia.
- Our home care includes the use of instruments for home monitoring, fall risk, and medical alert systems.
Note: We are constantly updating information as per CDC guidelines for COVID- 19 and keeping our caregivers informed. Also, we continue to provide our home caregiving services.
You can consult us today and take a free consultation on hiring an in-home helping assistant.
How Do We Make a Personalized Long-term Care Plan?
Since 2006, Justin Villa Care has provided personalized in-home care for seniors. We believe in delivering long-term services.
We Will Assist You to Craft a Personalized Care Plan
With three decades of experience, we have developed a process for conducting interviews and selecting the right home help. We assist in developing a care plan personalized to your loved one’s evolving needs.
Caregivers Are Expertly Matched and Provide 24/7 Service
We have a large network of caregivers. As already mentioned, our screening and selection process goes through various stages and we have the best candidates for providing in-home help. Our team matches the skills of home takers before assigning a job.
Respecting the Dignity of All Persons & Providing Services That Exceed Expectations
With this inspiration, we provide the best in-home help for seniors. We offer high-quality assisted home care by maintaining cleanliness and hygiene, especially with COVID-19.
Hiring in-home help is a big decision. Take time to investigate your options. Ask questions, and don’t compromise on your needs. Keep the search on till you find the best caregiver. Make sure the agency you choose will provide the level of care your loved one deserves. We’re happy to speak with you about your options for in-home care.
Finally, you must consult an agency that is near you and try to have an open discussion on your expectations. After all, quality care is a must for your beloved ones. With the knowledge shared above, you can choose the best In Home Care Service Provider in Torrance CA. Find a reliable and the most cost-effective caregiving solution. Approach us if you are in Los Angeles or Orange county!
You can find us on Google by clicking here