Incontinence and Toileting Services For Seniors
Older adults struggling with incontinence not only have to face physical challenges but a condition that interferes with their self-esteem. Having an unexpected bowel or urinary leakage in front of family members can cause older adults to feel embarrassed and devastated.
In such a situation, an understanding of incontinence care assistance can help. This will help let older adults live happily in their homes.
What are incontinence & toileting in-home services?
Incontinence is the inability to control one’s bladder or bowels. This loss of control can cause a person to have urinary leakage at any time and any place.
While there are different types of incontinence, the most common among older adults are:
- Urgency Incontinence- Caused by damaged nerves or irritation from infection.
- Stress Incontinence – caused by physical changes in the pelvic floor muscles.
- Overflow Incontinence- It results from scar tissue, nerve damage, enlarged prostate, or obstruction from constipation.
- Functional Incontinence It could result from mobility problems caused by stroke, arthritis, osteoporosis, or any other such condition.
How can a caregiver assist in providing incontinence and toileting service?
The care and treatment plan for an elder facing incontinence and toileting problems depend on the degree and the possible treatment. A caregiver’s incontinence management plan usually consists of the following:
How can an in-home care agency help in delivering essential incontinence and toileting services?
An in-home personal care service provider understands your busy lifestyle and hectic schedules. That is why we offer competent toilet care, incontinence, and other in-home care services for seniors assuring you that loved ones are in excellent hands.
Hiring the services of a trustworthy home care services company is the best way to look after your senior loved one’s toileting care needs.
Whether you need someone urgently or are merely trying to acquaint your loved one with the idea of a toileting caregiver, you can trust our services.
We are a first-class home care services company that provides excellent toileting and incontinence care within Los Angeles, and the Orange County region.
We have well-trained, skilled, experienced, and professional staff that caters to all types of clients from senior citizens to the disabled. What’s more, our team is ready and able to handle different levels of toileting care. Call us today and schedule your appointment.
- Our caregivers are trained to take quick and fast actions
- Our staff can efficiently handle emergencies.
- We train to provide hassle-free and compassionate service to make elders feel comfortable.
- Training is provided to deal with special incontinence and toileting such as monitoring the time for stool passing, health records such as sugar and blood pressure levels of the elders.
- Our assistant reminds the elders after monitoring their routine to avoid the odd situations while maintaining the elders’ dignity.
We, at Justin Villa Care, help patients and provide the highest quality of care. If you or your loved one require assistance in incontinence or any of our specialized services, we would love to communicate with you about your questions.
What our Patients and Their Families Say
Home Care Vs Community Care Costs After spending long years in a workspace, a time
Companion Caregiver Costs, Duties Due to the busy and active lifestyle in Los Angeles, families
In-Home Palliative Care Services Are your seniors facing life-threatening illnesses? Do you want to enhance
Request a personalized quote
Fill out the contact form and we will reach out to listen and understand your needs.
If your loved one is unwilling to cooperate, they might simply be asserting themself to gain some more control in an uncontrollable situation. That’s quite normal. Listen to their complaints and comments calmly and caringly. Then talk, explaining your point of view. Try to learn and find new approaches and solutions that work for both of you. If she/he won’t accept a good solution, don‘t be afraid to contact professionals or other caregivers to help you.
- Don’t insist seniors bathe every day
- Running water isn’t necessary. You can give a sponge or towel bath by changing the clothes.
- Careful personal cleansing is a must to avoid urinary tract infections. Also, nail cutting and hair combing should be done to maintain hygiene.
Yes, daily clothes washing, ironing, and maintaining hygienic conditions for the elder is the duty of caregivers. During doing so, they should not complain and make the elder feel guilty. The quality of life should be maintained.
With little precautions, you can improve the situation of the elder.
- Keep the grab bars near the bed so that elder can reach the toilet in no time.
- The toilet must not have sharp fittings and there should be handles to avoid sudden bathroom falls.
- The floor must have a dry mat.
- For emergencies, the elder must carry a stool bag especially sitting in common areas of the home.
Above all don’t make the elder feel cautious and remain calm even if there is urgency Incontinence. This is the time to show concern and affection towards elders.