Special Care Services For Seniors
Justin Villa Care LLC follows a special care protocol to deliver quality care for older adults. Those suffering from specific conditions and requiring specialized care can avail of our in-home services. This service is for elders wishing to live in their own homes, and going through critical medical conditions, including mobility issues, Alzheimer’s or other dementias, Parkinson’s, and other age-related conditions.
We assure you with our reliable services that your loved ones receive all the quality care even while remaining in a home. All our in-home specialized caregivers are knowledgeable, experienced, and specially trained in helping individuals.
Facts To Consider While Choosing A Special Care Provider
Special Care services protocol is composed of the following caregiver activities:
- Motivate elders to maintain their self-esteem
- Show affection every time while doing activities with elders
- Complete health and nutritional monitoring
- Medication management or reminders
- Provide healthy and nutritious food
- Inform family of any changes in client’s health
- Control blood pressure
- Help in avoiding dehydration
Special Care Service for Seniors To Fight With Depression
Chronic mental health conditions like depression can be a hindrance for the persons going through such a condition. A dedicated and trained caregiver can help to deliver special care services.
To do this, we apply the following special care assistance:
Activity and Exercise
Our caregivers introduce mental and physical activities for the elders while they are facing mental challenges like depression. However, the type of exercise depends on the severity of the disease.
Among the different activities here some of the stand out services:
- Memory exercises per the doctor’s advice.
- Facilitate simple learning techniques.
- Pain-bearing training.
- Introducing leisure activities.
- Encouraging physical exercises and activity therapy.
Elders face isolation which is the main reason for depression. To overcome this , our caregivers help you meet your old friends, relatives. It will help in making your social life active and will keep you busy.
Here are the following things our caregivers will help with:
- Promote family unity.
- Support both the elderly and their families.
- Educate the individuals to maintain their social behavior.
- Carry out therapy sessions with the patient’s environment.
- Help in improving social skills.
Adaptation – Stress Tolerance
When he/she suffers from depression, they must learn to control their symptoms so that the bad thoughts in their head do not affect them. For this reason, the nurse should promote some activities that serve to reduce anxiety and control stress. In most cases, family therapy is usually applied so they can understand the situation and help them adapt to their environment.
Other Cities We Serve In Los Angeles
Special Care Services
- Caregiver will empty, irrigate, and cleanse ostomy pouch on a routine basis, using appropriate equipment.
- Learn More
- Focus on the problems of terminally ill patient. Attend to their emotional and spiritual needs at the end of life. Prioritize comfort and quality of life
- Learn More
What Our Patients And Their Families Are Saying
Home Care Vs Community Care – Comparative Costs Explained
Home Care Vs Community Care Costs After spending long years in a workspace, a time
What is Companion Care – Companion Caregiver Costs, Duties
Companion Caregiver Costs, Duties Due to the busy and active lifestyle in Los Angeles, families
In-Home Palliative Care Services [ Elderly Palliative Care Guide ]
In-Home Palliative Care Services Are your seniors facing life-threatening illnesses? Do you want to enhance
Request a personalized quote
Fill out the contact form and we will reach out to listen and understand your needs.
Special Care Services - FAQs
When you are faced with a loss of autonomy or a decline in your health, the option of moving to a retirement residence may seem inevitable at first. Home care, however, is an attractive option for solving and/or alleviating your physical problems. Here’s why :
- Home is where you feel comfortable and safe. It is also the place that keeps all your memories. Studies have shown that we heal faster when we are at home.
- You keep your independence.
- The vast majority of costs related to housing in retirement residences include accommodation and food.
- In many retirement homes, additional care must be paid for on a fee-for-service basis and in addition to what you are already paying.
At Justin Villa Care, our home care services are personalized to your needs and preferences – all from the comfort of your home!
At Justin Villa Care, our expertise and efforts are aimed at seniors. However, our home care services are available for all those who need support. Our caregivers are experienced and well-trained to provide home care to people of all ages.
Our rigorous selection procedures ensure that our caregivers meet the highest standards of in-home care services. Each team member is subject to a Federal and State criminal record search. All employees are United States citizens. We provide continuous professional training. We ask for annual certifications in CPR. Also, human resources management software helps us when an individual needs to renew their license to practice (eg: nursing certification).
Our care managers make regular supervisory visits to client’s homes to ensure they are receiving high-quality care. The time of these visits is given to the client but is not disclosed to your caregiver. All of our caregivers know that they will receive surprise visits from their supervisors and that they must always act with the utmost professionalism. Your safety is our top priority.
At Justin Villa Care, we rigorously select the caregivers who interact with our clients. To become an employee of Justin Villa Care, a person must meet the following criteria:
- Possess the interpersonal skills necessary to improve the quality of life of our clients.
- Have a college diploma (DEC) as a registered nurse or a secondary vocational studies diploma (DEP) as a nursing assistant in order to be able to provide home care.
- Possess a professional studies diploma (DEP) as a beneficiary or family caregiver in order to be able to offer personal care.
- Having the experience/equivalence to the certifications mentioned in the previous paragraph gives the candidate a great advantage to occupy a position related to company service and housekeeping service.
- Maintain the license to practice certificate for nursing assistants up to date.
- Have a recent clean criminal record.
- Have recent CPR certification.
Once selected, a candidate must follow a complete orientation session from our management team before being formally hired.
During this session, all employees are informed of our policies and procedures, human rights as well as practices related to the field of home care and then tested. All employees also meet with each of our client care managers.
We also ask them questions and try to identify inconsistencies and potential problems in their responses. In most circumstances, one of our Client Care Managers accompanies the employee during their first period of work with a client. This supervision helps us ensure that the new employee follows the rules from the start.
Yes. At Justin Villa Care, one of our objectives is to offer you a team of dedicated caregivers with whom you can develop friendly exchanges. We strongly encourage each client to accept a minimum of 2 caregivers alternating their shifts; this allows for a suitable and familiar replacement if the second becomes ill or takes a vacation.
Yes. Justin Villa Care allows you to choose all of your caregiver visiting hours. Whether you prefer morning, afternoon, evening, night or weekends, we respect your preferences. You can also choose the duration and frequency of your visits. It’s your choice.
There is no cost or obligation on your part for the initial consultation. This is planned at your convenience and takes place at your home and, for your peace of mind, with or without the presence of a loved one. This meeting allows you to get to know yourself and thus better help you understand the possibilities available to you in terms of home care.
Once we have met you and given you all the information you need, you have all the time you need for reflection. We will take the time to understand you, analyze your needs and address all of your concerns without obligation on your part.
With Justin Villa Care, your safety and protection are our top priorities. If one of our caregivers is sick, we ask them not to come back to work (we do not take risks in cases of colds or flu) and to call the office. As soon as possible, we will call another caregiver as a substitute, preferably a caregiver who has treated you before. We will get in touch with you quickly to let you know.
Yes. All of our home care services can be offered in any type of facility wherever you are located. Our services are flexible and can be offered to you anywhere. For example, if you need to have an operation and go to the hospital, we can provide additional or complementary care in the hospital, then help you plan for your return home and continue our care there. For people who already live in a retirement home, we can provide additional services not offered by their institution.
We communicate with designated family members as needed and requested. We have very strict privacy policies as to who we may disclose confidential information to. That is why it is very important to establish in advance who should be contacted and to what extent. In accordance with the wishes of the client, we will gladly agree to provide any useful and relevant information to the designated persons.
Contact Justin Villa Care today for a free in-home consultation with our caregiver to learn more about your home care options.